Here’s what we did
The forecast was for continuous rain on our volunteer Saturday which perhaps restricted numbers to 8 but it turned out to be dry and remarkably warm.
- A further seven holly were planted in the Old Damson Copse.
- Invasive bramble behind the Fauna Stones was dug out and cut back and the area generally tidied to form a habitat pile.
- A channel was dug at the corner of the Fauna path by the Stones to form a drain into the field.
- The fastening post of the new gate in the Grammar School Field was moved to prevent the gate catching. Road test of the new auger worked well.
- A start was made to trimming the Fauna path / Grammar School hedge around the board walk. More work needed.
- Bramble cut out of the Pads / Orchard hedge.
- Self seeded saplings and bramble cut out and dug out through the Orchard. Almost finished this.