Here is Jonathan’s message
There’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Fauna and Flora this
Saturday morning, October 14th, from 10.00am until 1.00pm.
Tasks for this occasion as follows:
* We will review First Aid arrangements to check that everyone knows our
procedures and the contents of our First Aid box.
* Some of our gates need clearing of vegetation.
* We have a pear tree in the Orchard which needs re-staking.
* The nose pump needs retrieving from the West Field. Nose pump. Nose
pump. You can’t say it aloud repeatedly without sounding daft.
* There are some repairs to be made to the fence between the West Field
and the Pads footpath.
* The path around the Oak Circle is becoming very overgrown and we should
remove the grass but without damaging the surface.
* Hedge trimming.
* We still have a little ragwort in Big Meadow.
* Various ponds and channels need further clearance work.
In HWP news: the Hedge Working Party meets every Wednesday EXCEPT OCTOBER
11TH. Hopefully this news reaches you in time. (When it does meet, the
times are 9.30am until around 1pm, meeting at the Shed.)