Here is the report:
Despite a damp morning and a forecast of heavy and persistent rain 16 volunteers turned out. The rain was quite persistent but not very heavy and we had a good session.
- 30 saplings from the Woodlands Trust were planted in Pony Wood and the extension to replace those that had failed.
- The nose trough and stand was retrieved from the West Field and brought up to the shed.
- An assessment of the damage to the West Field north west gate was made and plans for its repair were made.
- Fallen leaves were cleared from the track from Sunnyside Lane past the shed.
- Self seeded alders were removed from the Alder Pond area of Big Meadow. These each have a big rootball and could easily be transplanted if anyone has a need for them.
- Flowering ragwort were removed from the soft rush area of Big Meadow.
- We continued hedge trimming along the south boundary of The Paddock and along the Orchard / Pads footpath.
- Brambles growing out of the grass verge along the Fauna footpath were dug out.
- Hazel in the ‘wild area’ at the north end of the Orchard were coppiced and the stems harvested for hedging stakes.