Spotted a group (covey?) of Grey Partridge foraging in the stubble of the arable field, close to the Long Pads path, yesterday evening. At least five of them.
Here is Jonathan’s message
There’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Fauna and Flora this
Saturday morning, August 13th, starting fresh as a daisy at 10.00am and
finishing exhausted and a bit stinky at 1.00pm. Please come along if you
possibly can for as long as you can manage.
Items on the agenda for this occasion:
* Digging out and cutting back the remaining bramble along the Fauna path.
* Clearing around the new hedge saplings being overwhelmed by surrounding
vegetation down the Pads footpath.
* Digging out any remaining ragwort.
* Clearing around the shed, especially alongside the fence with Fraser’s
* Checking the shed roof and preparing it to receive the protecting net at
the end of the month.
* Clearing vegetation enveloping shrubs such as broom in the Orchard.
And that’s it for this occasion.