Here is Jonathan’s message
There’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Fauna and Flora this
Saturday morning, August 10th, starting all fresh and lovely at 10.00am
and finishing a little fragrantly challenged at 1.00pm or thereabouts.
On the agenda for this occasion:
* Continuing the summer pruning and thinning of the Orchard fruit trees.
* Scything thistles, nettles and soft rush. The latter has to be cleared
so in addition to scythers we’ll also need clearer uppers.
* Trimming around the new saplings on the Pony Wood path.
* Trimming back overhang over the Orchard paths and benches.
Two other points requiring your attention:
* From Tuesday August 13th the Scything Group will be scything soft rush
in our wet pastures. This needs to be cleared after cutting to reduce
fertility. So our scythers need support if you can come from 7pm meeting
at the shed.
* Our volunteer sessions always have a trained first aider present.
Recently some of our first aiders have had to ‘retire’ for various good
reasons. So we are looking for either volunteers with existing first aid
qualification or people who are willing to take a training course. The
Association will pay for this training. Please contact Ian if either of
these apply, his contact details being: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07811 970