Here is Jonathan’s email
There’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Flora and Fauna this
Saturday, December 8th, starting at 10.00am and finishing at 1.00pm or
On the agenda for this occasion:
* Retrieve the hand pump from West Field and store for winter.
* Clear up the last of the leaves down the track from Sunnyside Lane.
* Block with brash the gap between the track and the Orchard ‘wild area’.
* Tidy the fallen crack willow in the Orchard but preserving it as a
second ‘willow whip farm’.
* Replace four broken fencing posts including the two near Cromwell Road
which need wire repair.
* Trim round the standard trees left by the hedge flail.
* Continue hedge trimming between Lower Sowerholme and Flora Field.
* Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la, owing
to it being the season to be jolly (optional).
And that’s about it for this time and for this year.
Very best wishes to you and yours,