Seven volunteers gathered on a lovely summer evening.
- The fallen willow was cut up and carted to Fraser’s bonfire site.
- Long grass and nettles was cleared from around some of the fruit trees.
- Encroaching vegetation was cut from around the rubbish bins.
- Spreading fruit bushes were tied back to keep the path around the hedge open
- Ragwort was removed from in the Orchard and along the Pads footpath
- We toured the Orchard noting Andy Lee’s recommendations from trees for winter work. This was to provide information for active volunteers for a more informed discussion at FOG and elsewhere.
- We checked the location of orienteering posts and established their positions and accessibility for a coming children’s event.
We did not have the person-power to mow the grass or strim but recent cow feeding means that the paths are in good order.