Here is Jonathan’s message
And a very Happy New Year to you. I trust this finds you in the very
rudest of spirits.
There’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Fauna and Flora this
Saturday, January 12th, starting at 10.00am and finishing at 1.00pm or
On the agenda for this occasion:
* Clear fallen leaves from around the shed.
* Tidy the strip between the apple trees and the Pads footpath hedge.
* In the Old Damson Copse, cut away and dig out bramble and clear around
each of our new saplings.
* Cut off suckers through the Orchard.
* Trim back the hedge between the Pads footpath and Big Meadow to the
south of the Orchard to Lucy Brook.
* Trim the hedge between the Long Pads footpath and Flora Field / Lower
And that’s about it for now, I think.