Once again I forgot to post this prior to the session but here is the record of what we did.
The warm and sunny weather continued and attracted 14 volunteers to the Saturday volunteering session. Ian continued the collection of signed consent forms under the GDPR, tedious but legal.
- We cleared round the base of new saplings:
- Along the Pads footpath
- In the new Pony Wood hedge
- In the ‘Rotary Club’ extension to Pony Wood.
- Around the meadowsweet in the wild flower margin.
- Further work was done servicing the nosepump and preparing for a better pump system using the existing pipe.
- At Keith’s suggestion we all assisted thinning the fruit trees of multiples.
- A start was made on clearing the vistas in front of the Orchard benches