Here is Jonathan’s message
And a very Happy New Year to you and yours.
Two items for your volunteering attention on this occasion.
First, there’ll be a volunteer session in Fairfield Orchard, Fauna and
Flora this Saturday, January 13th, starting at 10.00am and finishing all
rosy cheeked at 1.00pm. Please come along if you possibly can no matter
what the state of you.
Work to be getting on with includes:
* Continuing to cut out bramble and unwanted sapling suckers through the
* Removing the net from the roof of the shed, carefully mind you, so as
not to spill the sycamore seeds.
* Replacing broken fencing post at Hay Meadow double gates and repairing
* Fixing new fencing posts to secure the open gate between Big Meadow and
* Adding barbed wire strand to weak points along the West Field / Pads
* Trimming the hedge at the southern end of the Pads footpath / Big Meadow.
Second, food and drink lovers will be glad to learn the volunteer buffet
will be held at The Storey on February 22nd, 7- 9pm (please note the
change of date).
The cost is £10 per person.
Please book a place with either Sue Nieduszynska (firstname.lastname@example.org or
01524 60480) or Ian Procter (email@example.com or 07811 970
595) by Feb 15th as we need to give numbers to The Print Room Cafe. Well
behaved spouses and partners are very welcome. This is a great opportunity
for cake bakers and calendar makers to mix with hedge layers, scythers and
other good people so please join us for a rare evening of relaxation.
And that’s about it for now,