I seem to have a block about remembering to post Jonathan’s emails advertising our volunteering sessions. Once again here is a post-event ‘advertisment’
There’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Fauna and Flora this
Saturday morning, July 8th, commencing at the usual time of 10.00am and
finishing around about 1.00pm.
Mick will be leading this session in Ian’s absence.
The tasks on this occasion are:
* To open up the edges of the water scrapes to improve wildlife access as
recommended by our Natural England adviser.
* To put in further work supporting the Pony Wood saplings.
* Clear bindweed and goose grass enveloping the hedge between the Pads
footpath and Lower Sowerholme / Flora Field.
* Clear around the benches along the Fauna path.
* Cut up and clear the substantial branch that has come down over the
The Ragwort Working Party continues to meet on Wednesday mornings (9.30 at
the shed) and will shortly be turning its attention to scything thistles,
rush and long grass.
Stand by your inboxes for soon to be announced announcements about:
* An early evening scything group.
* Hay making – hopefully later this month although, as always, this is
And last but not least a very big thank you to all the volunteers who
helped with the Open Garden setting up and dismantling.