Here is Jonathan’s message to our volunteers
There’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Fauna and Flora this
Saturday, March 11th, starting at 10.00am and finishing in the general
vicinity of 1.00pm. The meeting point, if you’re not sure, is the toolshed
on the path at the Sunnyside Lane end of the orchard.
Here are some of this month’s activities you’ll be eager to start thinking
* Coppicing the Orchard dogwood.
* Continuing to dig out / cut back invasive bramble in the Orchard.
* If the Hay Meadow is dryer enough, filling in the tractor ruts.
* Erecting stock fence across the School Pond area where the new willow
fence has been planted, to stop the cattle from destroying it when they
* Trimming the Orchard / Pads hedge starting from the southern end.
* Using the extending hedge trimmer, trimmer the hedges between the Fauna
and School Pond and Carr House Meadow.
Clearing debris from the Fauna path left by flailing the hedge.
And that’s about it for this time,