Here is Jonathan’s message to the volunteers
There’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Flora and Fauna this
Saturday February 13th, beginning at 10.00am and wrapping up at 1.00pm or
The meeting point will, as always, be the toolshed near the Sunnyside Lane
entrance, before moving onto the stump circle.
If you’re able to participate, here’s what you might be getting up to…
* Marking out the Flora Field beetle banks in preparation for ploughing.
* Strimming or cutting the rush around the Hay Meadow ponds and moving the
resulting brash to the Gun Range to alleviate poaching.
* Further clearance of excess vegetation in Long Pads hedge.
* Scrubbing the mould off the benches.
* Reinstating the fence along side the Long Pads / Flora Field hedge.
* Planting four replacement fruit trees alongside supporting posts.
* Clearing the brash from fruit tree pruning.
And finally a word about footwear, given that it’s hardly stopped raining
for the last three or four months: wellies.
And that’s about your lot for this time.