Sorry whilst away I missed posting Jonathan’s email before today’s session. Here it is:
There’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Fauna and Flora this
Saturday, September 12th, commencing at 10.00am and finishing at 1.00pm or
very much thereabouts.
Please do come along if you possibly can and, to quote the English
Romantic poet John Keats, get your mists and mellow fruitfulness on.
If you can make it, here’s how you might find yourself spending the morning:
* Mowing along the edges of the Fauna path and the ‘new’ areas around the
medlar and pear trees which we are clearing.
* Checking and trimming the Pads footpath.
* Tidying and replacing the plastic guards / canes along the track
between the Shed and the Orchard.
* Strimming the areas around the apple trees cleared last time.
* Continuing to clear the bramble intruding onto the Fauna path.
* Forking and flattening the wildflower plot ready for the children to work.
* Trimming back the overhang near the Cromwell Road gate to facilitate
* Whistling cheerfully.
And that’s about it for this time.