Here is Jonathan’s message
There’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Fauna and Flora this
Wednesday evening, August 26th, commencing at 6.30pm and finishing either
when it becomes too dark to carry on or when all the work is finished.
Just my little joke, of course – the work, as we all know, is never
If you’re able to come along, here are some of the tasks to look forward to:
* Clear sycamore saplings from the Shed roof.
* Strim the nettles around the toddler playground.
* Strim the areas around fruit trees in the Orchard we hand cleared last
time. Possibly mow them.
* Mow the new areas strimmed and mown last time.
* Cut nettles back around the south Orchard notice board.
* Continue taking brambles out from along the Fauna path.
* Continue removing thistles from Lower Sowerholme.
And that’s all there is to it.