Here is Jonathan’s message
There’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Fauna and Flora this
Saturday morning, Jan 10th, starting at the usual time of 10.00am and
finishing at 1.00pm or thereabouts.
As you’d expect for time for this time of year, wellington boots should be
at the front of your mind before you leave the house.
On the agenda for this week:
* Finish clearing leaf debris from the path to the Orchard.
* Continue removing the ash trees from Upper Sowerholme.
* Finish clearing self seeded thorns from Graham’s Wassailing bonfire site.
* Clear debris.
* Cut the ivy growing around trees in the Stump Circle area.
Clear bramble enveloping the hedges alongside the Orchard / Big Meadow path.
* Continue pruning the Orchard fruit trees
* We have now finished laying the east hedge of West Field but there are
some finishing off jobs to do: plant hedge saplings in the gaps, cover the
elder and sycamore stumps with black plastic, tidy up wood and wire
removed from the hedge.
* There are also some other tidying jobs in the West Field: retrieve and
replace tree guards, a small fence repair, move some timber to the Shed,
move the nose pump stand and pipe to the Shed.
May I also remind you that the Hedge Working Party has resumed it’s
Wednesday morning sessions – meet from 9.30 at the Shed, and remember to
bring your own refreshments. And wellingtons.
And that’s your lot for now,