I forgot to post the call to action monthly email for this morning’s session but just to maintain continuity here it is!
Hello again everyone. Jonathan is still away so I am circulating this month’s call for your valuable help in maintaining the Fairfield Orchard and Nature Reserve. We will meet from 10am on Saturday 13th September at the Storage Building on the track from Sunnyside Lane, finishing about 1pm.
Here are the tasks before us:
* Dig / cut out protruding tree stumps in the grass area of the Orchard
* Remove the ‘Don’t pick’ signs from the fruit trees.
* Re-instate orienteering post number 4 which has been removed but not lost or damaged.
* Try out the nose pump in the West Field.
* Further explore the drain system in the West Field and make a further blockage to fill the scrape with water.
* Continue strimming the Fauna path
* Make a start on trimming back the hedges especially the Pads footpath hedge alongside Big Meadow and the Fauna path hedge alongside the Grammar School field.
* Sow yellow rattle seed in Carr House Meadow and collect and sow meadowsweet seed in the wetter area of Big Meadow
I am still hoping to receive some positive quotes from you on the joys of volunteering with the Fairfield Association. These are for the Public Exhibition we are mounting in late September to report to the public on what we have achieved with Flora. There’ll be a volunteering section and it would be good to have some appreciative quotations from you.
Please send your quotable quotes and uplifting insights to Ian email@example.com or by TEXT to 07811 970595. Quotes will be attributed to first names only.
ian procter, FA Volunteer Organiser