Here is Jonathan’s message
Two pieces of volunteering news for you on this occasion.
First, there’ll be a volunteer session at Fairfield Orchard, Fauna and
Flora this Wednesday evening, June 29th, starting at 6.30pm.
This week’s to do list reads as follows:
* The barley straw bundles for for Anna’s Pond need making up and
* The barbed wire near the big Ash Tree on the Fauna path needs repair.
* The grass overhanging the Fauna path needs strimming.
* Cut back and dig out bramble along the Fauna path.
* Cut off and remove flowering heads of dock, especially in the Pony Wood
extension, around the Flora Field margin and along the beetle banks.
* Now that the net has arrived for the shed roof – “Back of the net, etc!”
to borrow a footballing expression – inspect it and the roof to determine
when and how best to use it.
* Thin out the apples according to our expert advice.
* Tie up some of the soft fruit bushes.
Second, we are suspending the Ragwort Working Party II which has met on
Tuesday evenings. Ragwort Working Party I continues to meet on Wednesday
mornings from 9.30 at the Shed. We are doing well this year but watch out
for further appeals for help later in the summer.
And that’s your lot for this occasion,